Kara Raiding Group System

Wednesday Night? Need an instance run? Group quest? Organise it here...

To do something with the guild more often, we build raiding/Kara teams. Do you agree with this system?

Yes, I do.
64%
No, I don't.
No votes
Yes, but.... (please answer to this post)
18%
No, because.... (please answer to this post)
9%
I don't have an opinion, cause I am a Peacebloom.
9%

Total votes : 11

Kara Raiding Group System

Postby Moya » Mon May 26, 2008 10:27 pm

Hello all.

Some time ago we began to notice we are starting to have a lot of level 70's in our guild that are somewhat eager to go to Karazhan. Of course we are Chilled Out and the officers have had a lot of discussions on how to manage a sort of system that would work for the complete guild. We would like to give everyone a chance to go to Karazhan and other bigger instances without getting too much hardcore or without forcing ppl to go with us.

Discussing all this we sort of figured out we have boldly said three kind of players in our guild. We thought of making teams out of these players, but because we have to deal with different types we decided it might be best to start simple. :wink:

These are basicly the three groups of players:

* Active players
* Somewhere-in-between players
* Inactive players

We have made the following lists. We have tried to put everyone in these lists on the correct spot. If you dissagree, please let us know.

Active:
(Some of the chars aren't really active but have an active main char)

Thorun
Henkdebrede
Hindemith -------------------------------------- : Paladin
Savageknight
Jammher
Cairngorm

Andromedaz
Holyh
Michelle ----------------------------------------- : Priest
Moya
Starzhine

Haldraziel
Rebelle --------------------------------------- : Warlock
Enna

Maniacus ----------------------------------- : Shaman
Jura

Maxcon
Gandap -------------------------------------- : Druid
Dedpidgin

Griseldas
Liv --------------------------------------------- : Mage
Catrina

Darynislin
Nightleader----------------------------------- : Hunter
Shadowcat
Minimaz

Zplim
Zukaris
Ravenlocke------------------------------------ : Warrior
Blooddrinker
Shaniya

Rgandap
Zolsken
Herdebred --------------------------------------: Rogue
Lochnagar
Shira
Gravo

Somewhere-in-between (lately):

Cloudchaser
Leviper
Dundhee
Thesardi
Ivem
Vazkor
Dragontail
Peitho
Dantef

Inactive:

Vanzetter
Burnbaby
Nejo
Jilt
Elsceleot
Desolatorr (where the hell is Deso gone btw?!?!!? )

Right... now back to the active players...

After a tough deduction we concluded we have a hardcore group (hardcore as in... very very often online and also wanting to do something together like Kara for instance... )

Roughly said, these are:

Blooddrinker
Jammher
Moya
Andromedaz
Liv
Lochnagar
Griseldas
Enna
Herdebred
Maxcon

And as you all can see... This just formed a raiding group for Kara.

We will call this group 1.

Of course like we said before we don't want to keep anyone out, so we thought of this raiding/Kara system:

Group 1 is going to Kara on a few days in a week and the still mysterious group 2 is going on the other days...

Mysterious group 2 isn't so mysterious. Group 2 are basicly all the alts from players of group 1, with one exeption... if there are others online who want to raid they are first of all added to the group and second: all the alt chars are giving up their place for others.

So group 2:

Ravenlocke / Replace
Cairngorm / Replace
Starzhine / Replace
Holyh / Replace
Nightleader / Replace
Rebelle / Replace
Zolsken / Replace
Other
Other
Other

Note: If there are ppl missing for group 1 or 2 we can always replace them with others from the guild (and sometimes friends if there aren't enough guildmembers online).

Now the raiding times... Important too surely:

Raids will form at 20.45 and start at 21.00 h. server time. If you are later, please inform the group through forum, mail, ingame etc... If you can't come please let us know too. If you just aren't there at raiding time we will replace you with some other person that can come at that time. (Sound harsh, but that's the only way we can provide a good working system and ppl won't get irritated waiting for a very long time... :roll: )

Even week--------------------------------------------------- Uneven week

Wednesday-------Group 1////////////////////////////////////// --Wednesday------ Group 2
Thursday----------Group 2///////////////////////////////////////--Thursday----------Group 1
Friday--------------Group 1//////////////////////////////////////--Friday---------------Group 2
Saturday----------Group 2 //////////////////////////////////////--Saturday----------- Group 1
Sunday------------Group 1//////////////////////////////////////-- Sunday-------------Group 2
Monday----------- Group 2 /////////////////////////////////////---Monday-------------Group 1
Tuesday-----------Group 1/////////////////////////////////////---Tuesday------------Group 2

The main reason this seems a bit complicated is because I would like to give options on raiding days. Not everyone can come every other day... Hope you will understand this system.

The thing is... we think building teams is a good plan. But since we are Chilled Out, we don't wanna leave anyone out of this (of course...). We like your input on this topic, but we also will start with the system (if only for a trial at first) this Wednesday. So that will be on the 28th of May.

This is an even week and this means group 1 will kick off on Wednesday. Group 2 is on Thursday. Next week we will change this :)

Also made a poll so you can easily say if you agree with this system or not!

Thanks all for reading this.

Greetings The Officers of Chilled Out.

ps. It's not our intention to leave ppl out if we might have missed you, or we might have given you the wrong label, this is only some tool to get something a bit more organised then it might have been before. We would like to evaluate this system in a few weeks, after we tried it for some time.
*In search for "The Holy Onion"*
Moya

Postby Moya » Mon May 26, 2008 10:44 pm

Last note:

These raiding days are not obligated. If we don't have enough ppl online we can simply do other things. It's just to give us some grip :wink:

Kiss
Moya
Moya

Postby Gravo » Mon May 26, 2008 10:46 pm

100% agree with this!!!!
Gravo

Postby Gandap » Mon May 26, 2008 11:18 pm

to be honest iam just btw a peacebloom and dont care anymore.

I will continue farming my pvp rewards like i do from a long time now and forget about everything else.

Anyway, wish u all the best and good runs from all my heart.

Just dont c any reason to continue in guild for now, so decide to take Gan and Rgan from guiid, the rest of chars i will decide later on after speak with Loch.

So wish u all the best and this is my goodbye to the guild not the ppl in it.
But for now prefer to be alone.

Gan out
Gandap

its difficult to explain but

Postby Zplim » Tue May 27, 2008 2:34 am

i leave the guild with Zplim and Almadan because i feel lonely with many ppl around ,
i have nice friends here in Chilled and i feel that really , i stay with petitpierre and ataturk because i know i go miss all of you and sometimes i need say Hi to all because u are my first ( and the only) family in WoW .

Sorry i am not a good player and my english are not the best but my fellings for u guys are true , thank\s for all and sorry one more time :)

Zplim or Joao (jonh in english)
Zplim

Postby Gravo » Tue May 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Master Zep, this is sad news. :(

I hope we can make you stay, and do mre things together. Problem is not you as a person, you are great guy with real good humor, but in some instances we need a team with special specs. Lets make you stay, and ask you more into instances.

Gan leaving, Herde on a break, you leaving..... Not good for the guild
Gravo

Postby Moya » Tue May 27, 2008 10:20 pm

Dear Gan and Zplim, if you leave because of this system then please don't.
:cry: :cry: We are merely trying to get things going a bit and get everyone involved.

It's not at all our plan to become a raiding guild or something, but only something we can do for organisation cause we think we miss that.

If the reason for your departure is this post, then please talk to me or one of the other officers. I am sure we can sort things out.

Pfff even Herde is having a break. Guys... we are chilled, we can talk about things :?

Greetings
Moya
Moya

Postby Maxcon » Tue May 27, 2008 11:12 pm

I would like to do more raidings/heroic too, but i can do it in my free time ( which is sometime rare) it depends on my work and free days.
And my free days are not always at the same day in a week.

Next month, ill have a break too, till 18th i wont be online.
Maxcon

Postby Lochnagar » Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm

I have to say I haven't voted on this topic because I am not sure where to vote. Chilled Out was always about being casual and doing things with friends, but as people start to get more and more alts it becomes harder to persuade people to do another low level instance run because, as I am sure all people with alts will admit, sometimes its just not fun to do that. I appreciate that Kara would be much easier if we had the same group of people in set formation doing a run on specific nights, but I personally am not able to guarantee attendance on any specific day at a specific time. Sure I usually manage to get online at some point but its not always possible early in the evening. However I do see the flip side of hanging about with only 8 people interested in a Kara run and I do see the difficulty of being casual when you need 10 people to do a good run - Kara with 8 isn't possible for us at present.

So where to go from here - well its clear that some people are voting for change and are leaving - which is very sad for me. I know I haven't been around as much recently but as some of you know I have had some things to take care of at home which has made raiding difficult for me - but in Chilled I thought we had a guild where people understood that sometimes people just can't get online even if they want to. But i guess everyone is getting a bit tired of WOW and waiting for the expansion and the desire to see something new - the harder instances we never seem to get to - is probably quite strong.

Me - I never played WOW because I enjoyed the game. Wow was and is all about the people I play with nearly all who are in Chilled in some way who I consider to be my friends. I have had some great fun and hopfully gotten to know people for who they really are - just not the characters that they play.

Anyway - thats my 2c - probably not really on topic, but that's me - I always say that if you remeber whats important - and try to work on that - the small things have a habit of working out.

*edit - I now vote YES on the understanding each guild member shall be guaranteed a spot on one team - providing they sign up to the raid beforehand.
Last edited by Lochnagar on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lochnagar

Postby Moya » Wed May 28, 2008 7:24 pm

Dear all.

I agree with Loch this guild is about people. But also people who want to do something useful when they are online.

As I am trying to point out... The system is only a trial; we don't need to raid each and every day of these days - it's also something we need to put on forum perhaps... but we are still on trial, so just see what will happen when ppl are online AND... it's only meant to be a tiny rope to kling on too, just to have something that looks a bit like organisation... ( I would like to say "handvat" but then only the dutch in here will understand me... haha)

Pfff... just hoping I am making myself clear :?

The thing is, we like to be chilled, we like to have no obligations and we like to do things together..... I was thinking this kind of system was sort of suited for this kind of qualities.

If there aren't enough ppl online to do something with 10 persons, we can simply do some old instance, something funny like perhaps PVP or we can split up and do a 5 man instance... Or we can all split up and do our own thing. <--- If everyone is keeping this in mind, there won't be hard feelings, disapointments and we will be relatively free I think.

Well that's the last thing I say about it I hope :)

See you all later.

Kiss
Moya
Moya

Postby Lív » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:55 pm

Alot have been said and not said on this post. During this week we have lost two members, for several reasons but also because of this post.
This post was meant to get more members involved in Kara. Not to leave some out.
What we all have to understand is that we go to Kara once a week at the most and we have done that for about 6 month now. Still we are not getting much further than to the 5.th boss eventho most are pretty well equipped, and that is kinda frustrating. But the reason for that is that the team never really learn to play together cause the group is never the same.
On the other hand we have several members that would really like to go to Kara but never gets the chance. That must be frustrating too.

We have been aware of the problem for some time and have talked alot about what to do about it. Moyas post was a result of that and im really sorry that some members misunderstood it and found it discluding instead of including.

Our idea with the 2 Karateams was to get one group further than the four first bosses and make a new team so the rest of Chilled Out also could go to Kara. Ofcause it would be hard to get a new group working. It will take some times but thats how it is. The names of Kara team2 were only there if they were needed. I dont really think any of us would find much joy in being on two teams, but we agreed that if team2 needed more ppl we would help out.

I know the raiding starttime can be a problem for some but 9.00 is somewhere in between. Ealier would be a problem for some and later would also be a problem for some. My problem is mostly that we end too late. A way to deal with that is to raid 2 times a week instead of just one. End abit ealier and continue later in the week.

Anyway, this was our idea to solve some problems and i really do hope that ppl here will back it up. There should be members enough to have 2 Kara teams, but then again... only 10 voted so far!
But lets give it a try. I will make a post for Kara 1 and 2 under raidingforum and then lets see how it goes. Maybe we will find out that it simply wont work with 2 teams. And then we should make a decision. Continue as usuall and not really evolve in Kara or make a settled group that unfortunatly would leave some out.

Liv

P.S. Ofcause this isent a raiding guild. If it were we would never have these problems. It would be take it or leave it. Here we try to do something so everybody could be involved if they like. Yes we are Chilled Out but even Chilled Out people would like some progress and perhaps see more than just boss 1-4 in Kara :)

Lív
Dark pacts shall be broken
The light will prevail
Where our faith is strongest
The shadow will fail
Lív

Postby Lív » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:04 pm

P.P.S

If you arent sure what team you should sign up for, just ask :)
Dark pacts shall be broken
The light will prevail
Where our faith is strongest
The shadow will fail
Lív

Postby Lochnagar » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:43 pm

I agree that ALL members shall be encouraged to adopt one of the teams as their "main" team and help out other team(s) as reserves. This means each guild member should be guaranteed a place on a team - but they must also understand that they need to let people know if they are able to come that night or not - if they are available as a reserve to the other team then they should also say that - on the understanding that they are on reserve. I think this is the best chance for everyone to get raiding and for nobody to feel left out. I also would like to point out that I (and many others) have more than two chars able to raid Kara. This means that if you want to make a team to raid on a differnt time / night then please take up the challenge and run a team for yourself. The next Kara team I guess will be called K3 - if you feel upto it you know how to make a post!
Lochnagar

Return to Event Planning